I remembered an activity that my sister-in-law had her oldest do one visit when I was pregnant with Ezra. Although they had a whole bucket full of beans, I've always wanted to reproduce it on a smaller scale.
In this house, we call Theo's tummy time "Blanket Time" so E knows that he's suppose to give him space. In lieu of that, I told Ezra he was going to have his own blanket time. He was all over that like white on rice. I grabbed a bag of pintos and some additional fun 'toys' and let him have at it. The only rules: keep the beans on the blanket and these beans were not for eating.
He did all kinds of scooping, spooning, pouring, stirring, grabbing, etc.
Such an easy indoor activity. The hardest part is the clean up..which wasn't much at all. 95% of the beans stayed on the blanket and E likes to help clean up.
He started gearing up for a tantrum was really bummed when it was time to put everything away, but we put the beans into a zip-lock baggie for next 'blanket time'...which will most likely be happening soon with this week's rain!
1 comment:
i remember doing this as a kid! i tried it once with brady and all he did was try to eat them. i think he may have been too young. this makes me excited to try it again!
Post a Comment