Friday, December 9

Merry & Bright

Over the last two weeks, we slowly got out our decorations, got our tree, and transformed our home into merry and  bright.
I ordered this pinerest print and W put my ornament wreath from last year outside on the door.
This was probably the first year that I felt like we were pulling out 'our' decorations. My mom gave me most of her things after we got married, like the pillow below. This has been so great because our home is still merry while we slowly add/modify our decorations. Now I'm finally making and collecting items myself. Definitely a fun adventure.
Our sweet chalkboard finally looks complete...

W set up the advent wreath he made last year. Last Sunday night during dinner, we lit the candle, explained the significance of advent, read some verses and sang a song that focused on the anticipation of His arrival. I picked one of the verses to put on the chalkboard to memorize this week. Can I just tell you how successful its been already?! I'm really enjoying have His word in my line of sight throughout the day!

The peppermint wreath is a craft courtesy of pinterest. I used this tutorial. Four bags of candy and two trips to Target later, I got this beauty. And its four pounds of heavy! The jars are filled with candy canes and peppermint bark.

Until I get around to making one, we've been using the advent calendar. It's the one I grew up with; moving the little mouse. Does that make it vintage if its over 20 years old? ;) Either way, E loves that little mouse.


1 comment:

Edie said...

LOVE it! And you LOVED moving that little mouse too....you would move it all over. It took a few years before you got the concept, you just liked moving that mouse around. BEST purchase from Avon, EVER!