W is to craigslist like I am to yard sales. And he's totally great at finding a steal-of-a-deal.
We've upgraded E's trike to a real bike, with training wheels and all. E is in absolute heaven! The bike is basically new with the tags still attached and the deal also included a helmet, which E desperately needed a replacement. The night we picked it up, E didn't want to get off to head back home. On the entire ride back he'd point to the back of the car {trunk} and say, "bike!" or hold out his helmet and say, "hel-met!" It was pretty awesome.
We've upgraded E's trike to a real bike, with training wheels and all. E is in absolute heaven! The bike is basically new with the tags still attached and the deal also included a helmet, which E desperately needed a replacement. The night we picked it up, E didn't want to get off to head back home. On the entire ride back he'd point to the back of the car {trunk} and say, "bike!" or hold out his helmet and say, "hel-met!" It was pretty awesome.
And you can probably guess where we've been spending most of our days this week...{Laundry, you're gonna have to fold yourself!} The kid only comes inside for food and drink.
I think W knew I'd be taking pictures on this morning and wanted to make sure E was matchy-matchy with his new ride. ;)
A boy and his bike.
I thought of that while riding my bicycle.
--Albert Einstein
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a
bike ride.
--John F. Kennedy
Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.
--James E. Starrs
Getting some good exercise in while trying to keep up with him and carrying his brother...

4 comments:
LOVE IT! He is so dang darlin'!
And Uncle Bret is going to be pleased that the pink and purple trike is no longer in use :)
LOVE IT!!
We'll have to get E and L together for a bike ride date!
oh my word! What a big, big boy!! I loved these pictures and the quotes. Too cute. Have you ever heard of the peddle bikes? I think that's what they're called. Costco now sells them at a much cheaper price than places I've seen online.
You basically have no peddles and you just use your feet. Apparently it teaches them how to balance and then you can skip training wheels altogether. I think we might try it for Kara.
@Heather- Exactly!!! Now they won't be fighting over L's like last time. ;)
@Stef- Yes, we've seen them at Costco too. A girlfriend of mine has one for her son-- I should have E try it out.
Post a Comment