Perhaps I should unofficially title this week's posts: "Habits and Rhythms of Our Family". For some reason, be it all the Waldorf/Montessori books I've consumed recently that emphasize natural family routines for kids or the fact that I would love to document the habits we've fallen into as a family of three before they inevitably get interrupted and adjusted with the coming of a fourth--all the post ideas I have for this week stem from our normal, non-exciting, daily/weekly rhythms. Some have developed intentionally while others have just come about and work really well for our family.
Yesterday I mentioned our weekly trips to the library and our daily reading, today is about my summer habit of purchasing wild flowers at the Farmer's Market. I used to buy them every so often, on a whim, but they were normally the assorted bundles, like the kind you can buy at a store. At the start of this summer I tried something new: purchasing the simple wild flowers that came in large bundles for a few bucks. One $3 bundle can be divided into at least 3 different large Mason jars or vases so I can scatter them about the house.
Typically there is one is our dining area and living area, one on our dresser or in the master bathroom, and occasionally I put a small one on E's kiddie table for him to enjoy. I really would love to get some indoor house plants, but since we haven't been to a nursery, this is the next best thing! The flowers will last the whole week and by the time next Saturday rolls around, I purchase another bundle.
This week, I even bought some Mums for a whole $4 in addition to my normal bundle. Living on the edge as a big spender.{still need to spray paint that lantern!}
This will suffice until we get a garden going or get some indoor plants. For a few bucks a week, I love bringing the outdoors in and enjoying some pretty flowers!
3 comments:
a girl after my own heart. i also get fresh flowers from the market, every week. i LOVE what fresh flowers bring to a home. ever since i got my very own place, at 18, i have always had fresh flowers every week. they make me so happy! i remember during that time, even if i couldnt afford groceries, i would live off noodles for a week, if it meant i got my fresh flowers. ;)
im hoping for perhaps some peonies at this weeks market, i really want some to put in mason jars for pey's dedication!!
you know who also has AMAZING deals on fresh flowers is trader joes!
I love flowers from the Market.
Best part is they live so much longer than any flower you will ever get from the super market.
I love how much you love Mason jars. When I see them I think of you. And, we decided its what you should name your baby :)
Mason Swenson. It rhymes ;-)
I wonder if I should have more of a routined out week. We do different stuff pretty much every day. The only thing that's routine is our meals, bedtime and church.
Something to think about...
Post a Comment