Wednesday, July 6

The Cromies: A Good Catholic Family

The real reason we traveled all this way: Mama Judy’s family reunion. The kind of reunion where you’re meeting relatives for the very first time and need name tags that state your name plus who you belong to. Mama's parents passed long before W was ever born so the siblings are who carry on the reunion, which happens every other year. They are, in birth order: Patrica, Jeanne, Jim, Althea, Bob, Albert, Rosemary {who passed eleven years ago from Down Syndrome complications}, and Mama Judy.

Here are the siblings who were present at the reunion L-R: Bob, Jeanne, Judy, Jim, Pat{rica}, and Al. Althea, unfortunately, was just recently placed in the hospital for heart troubles so although that part of the family was planning on coming, they did not.

Jeanne and Judy...twinsies separated by 11 years!

Six of those kids went on to reproduce…one of which had two and the rest had four or more. Judy is the leader with seven. So this means, her parents had close to 30 grandkids. Like I said in the title: the Cromies were a very good Catholic family. Uncle Jim and Mama are the ones who moved away the farthest, to the West coast. The other four siblings are located either in town, southern Pennsylvania, New York or Ohio.

I missed Bob and his offspring's photo, but here are Jeanne and her's:
Judy's and those who came from California to represent...so funny that she's really got the biggest portion when we have the smallest amount:

Pat and her's:

And Al and his:

So I got to meet W’s aunts, uncles, cousins, and 2nd cousins all in one place. We talked, ate, played games, and survived the humidity somehow.
So fun to be thrown in with a bunch of strangers and then try to figure out what you have in common. And I thought keeping W's immediate family all in order was difficult in the beginning, this was a whole new ball game. Everyone was so sweet and so interested in getting to know us. Not only did we come away with some new potential vacation locations, but some new friends as well!

2 comments:

Stef said...

this looks like SO much fun!! I bet it was exciting for William.
What a blessed family! Quivers are full :)

Stefany said...

It must have been so hard keeping all the names straight. I definitely would have had a hard time with that...
On the other hand, meeting everyone and getting most of the family together is such a warm, cozy feeling.

We had a family reunion {my moms family} in Arkansas when I was 14. It was large but not nearly this big,

I love all the photo's. Looks like a fabulous trip. : )