Wednesday, July 27

College Checklist

While shifting through our crap unwanted treasures for our garage sale last week, I stumbled upon a journal page I had ripped out and written on. I remember writing this during my 3rd {and incidentally last year of college} so that makes me...21 or 22?!

One side was titled "Life Goals" and this is what I wrote:
1) Milk a cow
2) Visit all 50 states
3) Get married to my lover & bosom buddy (check..well, I'm checking that one now...it's wasn't checked then...ok, you get it the point.)
4) Live overseas
5) Own a Vespa
6) Learn how to play the Cello (I've always found that instrument to be so sexy for some reason?!)
7) Bike a long distance
8) Go all over the world
9) Always be involved in ministry {college, kids, women, etc.}
10) Make-out with my husband on top of the Eiffel Tower
11) Learn to make wheel pottery (ok, still would be cool but not really on the list anymore)
12) Grow a vegetable garden & eat its produce (check...now if only I can keep the dang thing alive...)
13) Go to Prince Edward Island (Anne of Green Gables, anyone?!)
14) Live with the Amish for a month (yeah, yeah, probably not happening...)
15) Experience one Rainbow Gathering (actually added this one when I lived in Colorado...think the resurrection of Woodstock...also, probably not happening...)

The other side listed all the places I've been thus far...

International:
Canada
Mexico
Chile
Argentina
Tahiti & Moorea
Northern Ireland
Egypt
France

Stateside:
Washington DC
California
Oregon
Washington
Hawaii
Arizona
Utah
Colorado
Wyoming
Montana
Nebraska
Kansas
Iowa
Missouri
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Tennessee
Alabama
North Carolina
South Carolina
Virginia
Maryland
Pennsylvania
Ohio
Delaware
New Jersey
New York
Massachusetts
Connecticut
Rhode Island
Illinois

...can now add...
Texas
Wisconsin
Michigan

...which makes for 34 states! Wowza, only 16 left to go!!

My current list definitely is a bit more family oriented but it's fun to see that most of those things on there, I'd happily do, given the chance. My priorities, passions, and hobbies have changed a bit, but they aren't entirely off from when I was younger.

Have you noticed your priorities have changed in the last 10 or 5 or so years?! What major items have you already checked off??

5 comments:

Stefany said...

Wow, you're places visited is impressive. I thought I was well traveled but you definitely have me beat. ; )

How fun to look back at your checklist and see how much or little life's goals have changed.

My list is definitely more family oriented since having kids. Timmy and I often talk about our pre-kids checklist and how much we've changed.
Although, we do look forward to checking some of those things off once the kids are grown {or a bit older to appreciate it too}. Mostly traveling.

Tara said...

Its amazing how things change once you have kids! I've noticed that quite a bit...

When matt and I were on the plane to our honeymoon, we wrote out our "pre baby bucket list" and our "post baby bucket list"....

Its fun to look back and see how much we were able to pack into 3 solid years of marriage before babies came and how much we have been able to do since kids. A lot of our goals for the future involve traveling....matts parents took 10 days every year, once the kids hit about middle school, and did a big trip, just the two of them. They did europe and carribean and various islands and cruises....they saw a lot, while investing into their marriage, eachother, and still raising a solid, amazing family. I thought it was super cool.

Tiffany said...

I love this! your list definitely says a lot about you..........and I like what it says:)

Stef said...

This was FUN to read, Jess! I was happy to see a lot on here that I already knew about you :)
I didn't know, however, that you've already been to SO many states! Good for you! Take me with you next time.

Also, I'll go to PEI with you. For sure. Just call me and tell me when you're going. I'd love to visit "Anne land"

ashlynjustin said...

So fun! While getting ready for Grayson I was going through some stuff and found a letter written to me from 16 year old me. So crazy how life changes but fun to look back on!