Since discovering the beauty of spray paint with the knobs of dresser redo, I've been itching to get my hands on something else to re-paint. I
bought a slew of colors in our master and E's room color schemes just so
I could spray at a moment's notice. Here's what I've been up to
lately...
The
frames I got for free from the side of a local frame shop. Every once
and awhile, when E & I make our weekly walks to the library or bank,
I'll find some frames marked 'free' outside the shop. It's one of the
perks of our morning walks. ;) The lantern we had already. We have two
others that I plan to lighten up after seeing the success with this one.
I
removed all glass parts from each item, got my tarps and protective
mask on. Then got to work. I wiped down the lantern and frames with a damp cloth to
get all the dust off. Next came a swift coat of primer for all pieces.
For the lantern, I picked light blue..."blue ocean breeze" to be exact.
Here it is after a few coats.
After
a night of drying, I put back the yellow glass panels and put it on the
dresser to have a look-see. Still working on those staging skills...
Two of the frames I painted with "sun yellow" and have an idea in the works that includes hanging them over our headboard!
My painting days have just begun. I still have at least four more frames to paint that weren't pictured as well as a few more fixtures that were in our room before, but just need to lighten up a bit to fit back in.
My painting days have just begun. I still have at least four more frames to paint that weren't pictured as well as a few more fixtures that were in our room before, but just need to lighten up a bit to fit back in.
4 comments:
okay, I'm confused {these are cute projects, btw!} is this your artsy craft website or the other one, or both?
i LOVE spray painting! we discovered it when doing bradys room. now, like you, i have become obsessed! i have spray painted several frames, letters for the wall and a piece of art for the kitchen. LOVE IT!!
and where is this frame shop?? i must go by on one of our walks, cuz those frames you got are fantastic!! that yellow color is amazing!!
I think your staging is fine. : )
Love the lantern and I think the blue is a nice touch to the yellow.
I love seeing all your crafting. Keeps me motivated for all my work{s} in progress.
Let me tell you Missy I will be bugging you when the time comes that I get to spruce up the place... Everything looks amazing!
Post a Comment