Don't get me wrong, I love love love the sweet newborn stage, but I am LOVING this stage that E is in. Sure, the discipline/training has already started. We have to think and be proactive, but it's still a blast. E will be 16 months this weekend {the 17th}.
He's been walking for many months, can feed himself, uses the potty for #2 very consistently and is quite independent. But at the same time, completely dependent, says few words, still holds my hand, needs lots of cuddles when waking up or after getting an owie, likes to know where I'm at, and is entertained by the simplest things. And it's just SO FUN to see all the new things he's learning while interacting and exploring.
He's such a hoot even though so messy!
And he's still such a peanut,
But sometimes, seems so big.
He loves practicing imitation and beams with pride when he gets to take part in it.
And is just such.a.ham.
He very much into body parts and knows: head, knee, toes, mouth, eyes, ears, nose, heart {we say, "boom, boom! while he pats its location after pointing it out.} and belly button. He has this thing for belly buttons right now--and not just his own. This includes even Grandpa's, so I've been told. It's great because it gives us a chance to talk about baby brother, say hi to him, kiss and snuggle him in Mama's belly.
E's also saying some words--mostly repeating them after us. He says: car, walk, dog, hot, cold, "kaw kaw" for birds, "baah baah" for sheep, out, up, and ball. He'll smell a flower if you give him one. And is obsessed with bikes, buses, trucks, leaf blowers, dogs, birds, squirrels, books, sticks, dirt, slides, throwing, walking the dogs, and climbing on anything possible.
This is my new favorite. Being a parent just keeps getting better!
I'll take 4 more, please... ;)
7 comments:
totally agree. im loving the toddler stage. it is hysterical and SO amazing to watch and see how smart they are!
the boys and i go to starbucks nearly every morning. yesterday morning we are in the car, pulling into the parking lot (i go to the drive thru one in livermore) and he sees the green sign and goes "yay! mama happy!" and then i am trying to explain my complicated drink to the (what appeared to be) new barista and brady hollars out from the car window "my mama, coffee, nowwwww!" apparently he, too, saw it was taking far too long. ;)
i cant wait to see what he is like at 3, 4, 5... it seems like it just keeps getting better and better! new challenges present themselves at every age, of course, but i think its just going to keep getting more fun! :)
and 4 more? you guys want 6?!!!!! dang girl. more power to ya. i think id become an alcoholic if i had 6 kids. hahhaaa!! JUST KIDDING! ;)
Haha! I kid. I kid. We have no idea how many we'll actually have. I mean, I don't even know what it's like to have multiples yet! ;)
I loved 16 months! Maybe I'm partial to it, since its the age Ethan was just before Rachel was born. Our last month together, just him and me during the days. Enjoy it, Jess. You won't ever get that back and its pretty priceless.
you guys would do great with 6! You're putting your heart and soul into parenting and that's all it takes! Give it your everything and you'll be amazing at it :)
oh my...what a mess. Good thing he's so darn cute :)
I'll be needing these for his book that I'm about to get back to...
LOVE the messy photos!! That is too much. What a good mama for not being afraid of a little (big) mess! :)
Now a couple of practical questions for ya:
- How did you get a 16 month old to poop on the potty?? Did you do the infant potty training thing where they go diaper-free and you just stick them on the pot at certain intervals?
- At what age did E start eating normal meals and dropping back on the bottle? Jack is so over boob AND bottle and he's too darn young. I'm trying to gather options. Sippy cup maybe? E weaned himself, right?
Okay, that's all. Your posts just inspire so many 'I wonder how she...' questions in me. :)
Hope you're feeling great!
K
Momma Kate- I'll email you a novel. ;)
E is such a sweet little boy!
We love him!
The toddler stage is definitely loads of fun. Seeing all the new things they learn as they grown and develop. Doesn't get any better than that!
Alyssa loved talking to Trey when he was in "Mama's belly button." <3
4 seems like a good number! ; )
Post a Comment