Onto 2nd Trimester.
This 1st trimester actually seemed slower for me than Ezra's. Probably because I was still a crazy lady with my head cut off with a large plate full of teaching back then. Now, it's still physically exhausting being at home but a whole lot less stress and running around. More mellow which I love. But my energy is completely tapped by 3 p.m. pretty much every day without fail.
Baby was measuring accurately, surprisingly. We didn't have health insurance with E until later so my first ultra sound with him was at 20 weeks. So I don't have a comparison, but tentatively our due date is 8.30.11. Ezra was 10 days late, so I'm figuring this little one to be early September.
Cravings: vanilla lattes, Gatorade, berries, smoothies, hearty and creamy soups, fresh deli sandwiches, naps, cleaning & crafting.
Pregnancy anomalies: Crazy dreams! I had these with E too. They are just so odd. Like the one a few nights ago: we had to evacuate our home because a tiger was going through the cabinets' contents under our master bathroom sink. Or the other one where I was trying out for cheerleading again, only 27 and pregnant. Just weird. Good luck interpreting those!
What I'm wondering:
-will he/she have blonde hair again like Papa or be born with jet black hair like me?
-will Baby be a night owl or go to bed early {6 pm} like Brother?
-it's so time to borrow the neighbor's ladder and get my last maternity bin out of storage. I need more shirts.
-will Baby be a night owl or go to bed early {6 pm} like Brother?
-it's so time to borrow the neighbor's ladder and get my last maternity bin out of storage. I need more shirts.
-should the bin of newborn clothes that's been sitting in our bathroom finally go up into storage for the next 6 months or just stay put?
-how much longer I get to sleep on my stomach and back. will it be shorter this time because i'm getting bigger faster?
-when will i get that natural chest lift? could really use one after post-nurse status.
-hoping this little one does come closer to due date before Papa starts his job on Sept. 19th
-will I finally get an outie?
-when to transition E into his toddler bed, once we make it?
-hoping this little one does come closer to due date before Papa starts his job on Sept. 19th
-will I finally get an outie?
-when to transition E into his toddler bed, once we make it?
Confession: Almost a month ago, I had a coupon for Old Navy. I started in the clearance section and found items for W, E, and I which I couldn't use the coupon on. So, I also grabbed a sweet little girl number for Baby that wasn't on sale so I could use the coupon. But I totally felt like I was cheating and should be getting into big trouble. Major cheating, like on a diet or on lent or something big like that. Such a rebel, I know. Okay, had to get that off my conscience.
6 comments:
yay for being past the evil first trimester!! :)
the newborn clothes...leave 'em. you'll be surprised at how this pregnancy will fly. you'll be needing to get them out of storage before you know it. just find a closet or something to keep them in for the next 6 months.
stomach sleeping...i was able to sleep on my tummy MUCH longer this time around than w brady. i was tummy sleeping until around 27 weeks!
the toddler bed...so tough. we really struggled with when to do this one. ultimately, we decided we didnt want to throw too many transitions at brady at once. doing a toddler bed and a new baby in the house, at the same time, we thought would just be too much for the poor little guy to handle. yet, we wanted to keep him in the crib as long as possible, because he LOVED his crib and why fix something that isnt broken, ya know? we finally transitioned him about 6-8 weeks before the baby. and it was the easiest transition EVER.
im totally gunna go with jet black! just because thats what happened to us with our boys. brady was born with white blonde hair and super blue eyes (even though they changed to green around 8 months). we thought for sure pey would be the same. nope, he was born with tons of jet black hair and dark eyes. and he looks SO different than brady. so im voting for jet black! ;)
so, did they end up figuring out which was your accurate due date last time? i remember one due date would have made you 10 days late and the other would have made you on time or only a day or two late? something like that, if i remember correctly?! so, the right one ended up being the super late one? if so, WOW!
if its still a toss up, im gunna guess that this little one will be here sooner. everyone i know, it seems their subsequents come earlier...dunno why, but it def proved true for us!
im so excited for you guys!!!!!!
Omg... You look so cute!!!
you look great, Jess!
Every pregnancy is so different. I think I slept on my tummy much longer with Kara and she was our 3rd, so you just never know.
With the toddler bed, give it a try and see how he does! He's pretty young now, but some people try as early as 1 year. We did 19 months, 16 months and 18 months. Pretty much when they showed signs of being interested and ready :)
Also, I've bought outfits for each child before I knew their gender... and I was right with each one!
Oh my gosh, you look so cute! Skinny thing with a bump!
I love your confession. I'd be convinced I was jinxing myself the other way. But then again, that's because I'm convinced I'll have three boys before I have a girl.
The 'post-nurse' status makes me depressed. Worth it, but definitely in denial about that one.
Can't wait for more updates! Hope we get them more than once a trimester. ;)
You look amazing! I actually think your belly is further out here than in person! : )
My kids look like twins at birth, just female and male versions. I look forward to seeing what Baby #2looks like for you!
Love the confession...
I also purchased clothes for each baby during the first trimester. Yellow when I was pregnant with Alyssa but Blue when pregnant with Trey. : )
You rebel, you!
Seriously, the second pregnancy (and second baby) seems to fly by much faster than the first - leave the newborn clothes down!
Post a Comment