Monday, March 14

On Garage Sales & Family Fun

It all started when I downloaded an app to W's phone called "Garage Sale Rover" last week. It maps out the local sales, lets you look at the ads, and after checking it out, I was hooked. One local sale listed a Burley bike trailer. I'd be loosely looking around, asking for recommendations, and researching options. Really the only thing I knew was that Burley is sold at REI for the retails price of $500, our brother & sister-in-law used them for the coastal bike trip, and I've seen them a lot around town.  

So after a Friday afternoon nap, Ezra and I headed to the sale right as it was starting. And it was huge! Five ladies were running it and stuff covered the entire front house and garage. And there was the trailer on the lawn. Mint condition. Used only 5 times with an only child. I called W {we have this rule that we have to consult each other on purchases over $100} at work and he quickly did a price comparison with Craigslist. Thank goodness he did because I was able to shave another $50 off my asking price. And it & a helmet was ours for a steal! Have I mentioned how much I love garage sales?!

Saturday morning came and I was so eager to try this puppy out. I'd really been missing my bike and one of my favorites things growing up was Family Bike Rides. Since I hadn't ridden in over a year, W trailed E around...on his BMX bike. We took a few test-runs around the neighborhood and E loved it! Especially, his helmet. Oh, and he also went with his 'man-bag'...since Papa has one, of course the Buki needs one...
{Ready to rock n' roll!}

E was so excited by his new ride and all the wonderful sights to take in that he...

So we decided to ride around a bit more. My hammies were already hurting, but it was such a perfect day out and I was loving the time together. Before heading back, we stopped at the Wolford's house for an iced drink and a chat.
{Ready for some lunch!}

In order to compensate for a 2 hour bike ride and hour visit, we went to a fabulous hole-in-the-wall place called Bob's Giant Burgers. Straight out of a Carl's Jr. commercial with juicy drippings and delicious onion rings. Totally hit the spot.

Back at home we all crashed for long afternoon naps. Then Ezra played with our latest water feature outside while Papa got some more zzzzs {W has been waking up super early and putting in long hours at work lately. And I got to sleep in.}

A Tupperware container full of water. :) He plays for hours with that thing, just splashing around and dumping the water out.

The evening was mellow and we all went to bed on the early side for Daylight savings. Can't wait for our next family bike ride!

6 comments:

ashlynjustin said...

SO fun!! I'm drooling just thinking about Bob's. Love that place yummy!!

Erin Stewart said...

Love the new ride! So can two kids fit in there? LOVE Bob's, we used to live in walking distance and you know how much we eat-out :)

W and J said...

Erin- Yes! Two kids can fit too! :)

Stef said...

you and your deals... I love it! Can I add that app to my iphone? :)
I love W's glassess. Too cool for drool.

Stefany said...

Mmmm. Bob's! : )
The picture of E sleeping = Classic!
What a fun day with the fam!

Tiffany said...

ok......... W........ you know how I love those sunglasses!!!!

Michael and I don't have bikes and really can't afford them right now, but I've always wanted to get bikes and get a trailer like that to take the kids in. There are all these really nice beach trails here......... someday:)