Monday, January 3

This Year's Resolutions

W & I have been loosely talking about what we'd like to change this year. We don't have a plan of action just yet, but perhaps writing them out will help to start. Here's what we're hoping to each head-up in the coming months, in no particular order!

{W}
Jog 2-3 times a week
Read the Bible and pray together on a more daily basis
Parenting book study together {maybe start with this one}
Consistent date night per week, even if it's at home
Paying off the rest of school debt
Family trip to the Pennsylvania summer family reunion for Mama's side
Both going to bed early a few nights per week {we're talking like before 9}



{J}
Get a monthly crafty night with other gals going 
Join a mom's group (?)
Continue to stick with menu planning and cleaning schedule 
Making W's lunch for work
Go through and clean teacher boxes and closet 
Take a handgun safety class
Get E's foot and/or hand-prints before they're too big to get
Connect more often with distant friends

Some of them are lofty goals like a five hour plane trip with a 1.5 year old or going through over 6 big boxes of teaching material and figuring out what to keep. But we are hoping to at least get the ball rolling to make these goals a reality. Habits don't just form overnight or by accident, we know, but we're also going to give ourselves some grace. 

Do you have any goals for 2011?

3 comments:

Stef said...

omg, I love your list! Now I really wish we lived closer.
Do the foot/hand prints! You won't regret it and before you know it, it will be too late :(

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

I want to come to craft night!! And join MOPS with me - it's not too late! Let me know if you want any of the info....group A starts tomorrow and group B (which I'm in) starts next Thursday. XO!

Megan said...

I like your goals... also, I love your new header!! :)