Thursday, October 7

Celebrating William

This past weekend, we hosted a graduation par-tay for W. It being October and all...not really graduation season, I got a bit creative for the little amount of decorations I used. Since he's going to be an accountant, I went with the money theme to help boost the festive-feel.
Amongst the candy dishes, I included some "Smarties" too! Mom borrowed a robe for him to wear.
And Mama Judy flew in for the weekend to celebrate with us! So proud of her son!
E was a huge hit {surprise, surprise!} He got to meet some long-time family friends for the first time. It's times like these that I'm grateful for his mild case of stranger/separation anxiety {so far}. Definitely a people person, that kid! Here he is with Annette, my mom's friend since grade school.
Hanging with Mel Mel (above) and Donna (below)
Teri and Robert sandwiching Sabrina {who's 1/4 of my parents' European traveling team.}
 The lovely and creative Margaret, who did my beautiful wedding decorations and center pieces. And the fabulous Miss Diane. Love that woman like a grandma...she's known me since I was 6!
My girls and I...also known as E's favorite aunties.

A word to the wise, never leave your child with 'older-more-mature women' who are in the same room as cupcakes!!! Ever! They'll think it's funny to give him sugar in amounts you won't be happy with {Ahem, Mother!!} A few bites won't hurt him, but let's not get carried away here. Thankfully, he was so busy the whole evening that he worked out whatever sugar was in his system by bedtime. Auntie Linds definitely helped; after all the guests were gone & it was clean up time.
The Swenson family felt loved, blessed, and cherished that evening. And very very exhausted! W & I hit the sack around 9:30 and woke up to our E alarm clock around 8am. Guess the evening tired him out too!

5 comments:

Edie said...

older than you, but not yet "mature".....

wish I had video of E spitting out the pacifier as I approached with icing!

Tara said...

what a great looking spread!! congrats again to william! such a wonderful accomplishment!

re: the cupcakes...at least he's getting practice in for his first birthday!! ;)

and dont worry, all my books say that sugar making them hyper and keeping them up/wired, etc. is a myth. i was initially surprised, but our pedi agreed!

Erin Stewart said...

SO fun Jess! What a great job!!!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Awh! Congratulations!!

Stef said...

CONGRATS Will!!! Looks like you threw an awesome par-tay Jess :)