Sunday, September 5

You Know You're Scottish When You...

...get sized and fitted for a Utilikit by a guy wearing a Utilikit...
...cheer for buff men tossing an 18 foot 6 inch wood log that's 115 pounds. Oh, and you would call it a caber toss...
...see a really really long line underneath this sign...
...sweetly fall asleep to the tune of marching bagpipes...
...replace an old favorite sweat-stained hat for a fresh new one....with a bottle-opener on the bill upgrade!...
...gaze longingly at a Clydesdale horse, wishing for snow, a sledge, and a jingle bells tune...
...stretch your legs on the grounds of a 1st century re-enactment, Braveheart style...
...throw a spear in a distance contest...



We had a really great time at our 1st Scottish Games Festival. This event was HUGE and had such a variety of fun stuff to see and do. I could see this quickly becoming a family tradition whenever we stick around town for Labor Day weekend. We went with our neighbors, Kellie and Kevin {who are expecting their first come March!!} and their friends, Donavan and Jen. It was a big hit for everyone, including Ezra!

3 comments:

william said...

I vote for the kilt.

Who's with me?






(Great post, as usual, honey bun!)

Tiffany said...

How fun! My hubby is going to be so jealous of that hat when I show it to him, LOL!!!!

I vote for the kilt too;)

Tara said...

yes, we all want to know if you decided to get him one or not! ;)