I'm finally done with a stocking, thanks to my wonderful husband. He's much more 'attention to details' than I am so after having enough patience to read the manual, he figured out that the needle was installed backwards. Once that problem was fixed, it was straight stitches from there on out...as long as my hand was steady. The finished product:
Some major structural issues with the top. Like, you're not suppose to see those raw side edges. Oops! :)
I used this pattern which I wouldn't necessarily recommend for lay-sewers like myself. Many vocabulary words that I wasn't familiar with and the wording was kind of like reading a chemistry text book. {Still so surprised I passed that class.} But I'm so pleased it resembles a stocking!! And that I actually got that pink ball-y trim on it without any help. Hooray! On to Ezra's....
4 comments:
SO CUTE! i think its a great job for a first try!! better than i could do, for sure!
That's FANTASTIC for a first try! Wow! I'm jealous:) I'm like you, I hate to read directions, LOL:)
You totally inspire me! such a creative and crafty Mama!
Someday we'll live close to each other (which means you'll move up here ;-) and you can teach me :)
Did you show these to Gretchen? She'll be so proud.
Stef- i totally need to send these pics to gretchen!! she would be so proud! :) She's the one who first taught me how to sew!! And thank you! And I would loooove to live near you!!! Any accounting jobs in the area?! ;)
Post a Comment