Last week, we picked up our share from Terra Bella Farm. It was a fun experience and their heirloom tomatoes are amazing. I'm finally starting to catch on to how great it is to truly know where your food comes from and to be able to chat with the farmer who grows it. We don't want to wait until this happens in order for our government to react with an discovery investigation. Since being such a big organization, its impossible for everyone to do their job perfectly and to monitor quality on a large scale all the time. DMV services? No biggie. Food services? Umm. So in this case, we'll pick local if it's an possibility. I just know it'll be easier when we actually have some dough rolling in to expand this habit.
After checking in and learning the ropes, we got a little tour of the small farm. The animals were Ezra's favorite.
Baby ducklings!
Both of my boys were mesmerized by the clucking chickens.
And a goat, which the farmer told us would be providing goat cheese available next year!
4 comments:
isnt that egg recall scary?! ugh, so sickening. i was just watching the news about the findings at the recent tour of some of the facilities. SICK!
if ezra is into animals, you should take him to the tilden park little animal zoo! there's a petting part, too! brady loves it there! its a great activity!
have u guys done the zoo w/him yet? i bet he'd love it! he's at the exact age brady was when he really started to absorb and pay attention and really enjoy stuff!! :)
LOVE baby ducks! We used to raise them every year in my class when I was a teaching. I'm crazy but I used to take tons of pics of me holding the little duckings. I'd totally have one for a pet, LOL:)
I hope you're uploading these to my Shutterfly account :)
What a fun experience for Ezra!! Good for you guys. Someday we'll both buy farms (lets dream big and say we'll buy farms in Sonoma County, next door to each other) :)
Post a Comment