Saturday, May 22

Happy Birthday, Hunky Hubby!

Dear William,

Happy Birthday, BabyCakes! From the day I met you, my life has changed for the best! You are an amazing husband, phenomenal father, caring brother, affectionate son, loyal friend, and "THE perfect son-in-law". I am thankful that you pursued me whole-heartedly from day one.  I love how you knew I was the one after our first meeting and you would marry me if I would have you. I love that you called my dad to ask his permission to date me. I love how you are such a gentleman of the lost masculine arts {Thank you, Ruth!}! And a hot cowboy, to boot! :)
 I have never worried about your commitment and dedication to me. Two weeks after I moved, you chased after me to the bay area, even after you had sworn years before that you could never live up here! You didn't have a job, a place to live but you said you would make it work; I was worth it. And so you did and have to this day!
I am so proud of you! You have worked so hard: balancing marriage, parenthood, work, and school. Thank you for your persistence to finish school so that you can bring home the big bacon that I can cook, at home, for our future quiver-full! ;)
 I am in more love with you than the day I married you! It's so delightfully wonderful how time can do that: deepen and strengthen love. Thank you for showing me how to be more patient, more understanding, and more sacrificial towards others. Thank you for not always telling me how many times you stop along the highway on your way home to help someone out, especially at night.
Thank you for your graciousness, protectiveness, wisdom & clarity into my sometimes confusing heart, and helping to refine my areas of weakness & sin. Thank you for being the calming & comforting voice when I'm upset, confused, exhausted, or stressed. Thank you for persistently encouraging us to read together at night, go for family walks, and get chores done when I'm lazy! And thank you for being passionate yet grounded in reason and knowledge. Oh, and for happily eating all my culinary disasters even though I'm sure you are cringing inside, Mr. Culinary Arts Graduate. {Please teach me how to make a croissant one of these days!}

Here's to your 29th Birthday, my bearded beau!! May the Lord grant us millions more together.
Love you long time.

Me

P.S. Freakin' Pancho, Man!
P.S.S. Thanks for always playing with me! And just making life FUN!

3 comments:

Stef said...

this was SO sweet, Jess. I enjoyed reading it. Happy Birthday, Will!!
I often thank my hubby for being "the perfect son-in-law" too! My parents adore Jason and thank me for marrying him quite often :)

You guys are so much fun! We miss you and wish we could've hung out with two more often. Come visit WA anytime!!!

W and J said...

We can't WAIT to see you guys!! I've been meaning to call you to swap some dates to come visit. Oh, and my mom coined that term for him. :)

Tara said...

this is beautiful, jessica! a side of you ive never seen! i like it!! :)

marriage is such a beautiful gift.