I'm the first to admit it. I'm not really political whatsoever. It's probably one of the few arenas in life where ignorance is
not bliss. And I'm quite ignorant. I'm also quite ashamed because I remember my AP government class, I taught 5th grade American history, and I at least know that an ignorant public makes for too powerful leaders. We sometimes forget just how blessed we are in American as a republic. Plus I have a husband who is a very passionate guy, especially when it comes to politics. I definitely didn't know the extent of his political passion until after we were married, but I should have seen the signs. My so sweet Mama-in-law is an avid writer, reader and supporter. She's not afraid to write letters to politicians or local city officials to give them a piece of her mind. W's father even ran for a local office when W was young. So I was not shocked that the Swenson family would be going to an afternoon TEA party last Friday. I really went just to support my husband, parents, friend Lindsay,...and apparently our pediatrician {who we ran into} too!
W came back home early from school to make some t-shirts for the event. And a little onesie for Ezra that says, "One Nation Under God" with two little kids praying & an American flag.
Here are the ladies & Ezra
W was really excited to meet Brian Sussman, one of his favorite radio guys.
And Ezra was just happy-go-lucky in Gma's arm with his little Sophie
It was great weather and a wonderful walk both to & from the event. And from my family's stand-point, the event was a great success.
1 comment:
I was way more into politics when I was single, Jess. I listened to talk radio every day on my 2 hour commute home and got SO into it. I have to say, I don't really miss any of it, but I'm with you - I think its good to be in the know, when it comes to current day stuff. I try my best to read little tidbits here and there online, but its so rare these days.
Post a Comment