but after this afternoon, I'm pretty convinced that Ezra is teething.
He woke up from his late afternoon nap only 30 minutes into it. And it was not a normal cry....it definitely sounded more painful. We went in and did our usual tricks, none of which worked. I then pulled him out, nursed him, and tried again. He would have none of it, but at least he was smiling again. So we went downstairs to where everyone else was. I was sitting on the couch with him and his new favorite toy, Sophie {Thank You, Pam!!}. And the little dude was just going to town on the thing, like a carnivorous lion! I had never seen him chew so madly before! Drool was everywhere. He started to get really fussy again, so Kirsten told us about these teething tablets that she uses on Ethan. She gave me some to try. He was calm within a few minutes. We went back upstairs after he was settled...I sang to him, put him down, and he was quiet. He's still asleep--an hour later. Errr, uh..guess we're buying more teething tablets. :/
Bring it on, teeth!
5 comments:
you're his mama, so chances are you'd know even better than Doctors on this one!
I have a friend who uses a teething necklace or teething beads for her little guy and she said they work wonders. I'll find out more information on them and get it to you, asap!
We love Sofie, too! Jack totally gagged on the teething tablets. Other things that worked for us: chewing on wet washcloths, those thick Williams-Sonoma spoonulas, frozen fruit in those safe-feeders, baths, baby orajel, and frozen yogurt.
we also recently purchased a teething necklace (they are called amber teething necklaces, just google it...ill also be posting about it on my blog soon) and it works miracles. brady is working on the molars and we havent had to give tylenol or motrin (which we hate doing if we dont have to) in a week!
T- that sounds great!! We are all for natural remedies, as hard as that may be to believe! ;) I'll have to look into that! He's been slowing down on his drool & fussiness this week so now I'm having second thoughts. Who knows?! But at least I can prepare for when it happens again!
yep, the necklace Tina mentioned is the same one my friend uses and loves. Kara seemed to be fine with a toothbrush. She would carry it around and rub it on her gums when they hurt. She's been our first child who doesn't go nuts while teething though :)
Post a Comment