Monday, March 15

Art Project

I'm not an artist at all. I really wish I was one. But one of the many things I learned from my 5th graders {when I was teaching} is that you don't have to be an artist to enjoy art. I love art. I love painting and crafting even though I know I'm not that great. I measure this by the fact that I could never sell my work, because no one would actually want to buy it.

But I've been looking on etsy.com for a "Baby Sleeping" sign to purchase, and after seeing a few, I thought Hey, why not make one?!  Since I had finished my book club book, I was looking for some other fun thing to do during Ezra's naptime. I headed over to Micheal's for a square canvas and ribbon. I've been working on it for a few days & just had to finish it because our Winter/Christmas wreath has being hanging since October. At least we got rid of the pumpkins a few weeks ago. Sheesh!

Here are the supplies I needed:
One 8x8 white Canvas
Various sized paint brushes
All purpose craft paint
Ribbon
Stencils

And here's the finished product hanging on my door right now. I don't love it. The crooked "knock" just kills me. It's definitely not perfect and I wished it came out better. But I like it. And I really enjoyed making it. Like I said... I love art, but I'm no artist.


5 comments:

Megan said...

how cute! the "crookedness" makes it cute and unique! love it!

Sarah M said...

Aww, it's so sweet!!! Great job, Jess :)

Edie said...

Love it! and it worked because I knocked!

Michelle Weiss said...

I love it! I can't wait to come up and knock because the sign told me to. :)

Jill said...

I love it, too! Great colors. And, give yourself some credit. I love the "S" painting you have hanging in Ezra's room.