So W is done with finals & we're still awaiting baby's arrival. What better way to pass the time than with a day date?! I've had some discount cards for
Cafe Art for two years now that a former student gave me and have wanted to use them so much! We decided to head there for a mid-morning art-fest today!

I'm guessing it's more of a ladies thing since W was the only grown male there, but I totally enjoyed doing this with him. And was so glad that he was willing to join me. :) It's really a great date idea & perfect for this winter weather. We talked the whole time. We both thought it was so relaxing and therapeutic just to sit, talk and paint. Plus we get some usable souvenirs from the trip. (we seriously spent most of the afternoon there.) W painted a beer mug, and I did a coffee mug & ornament.


Here's our final products before being glazed & baked!

P.S. Our baby is still 0 days old, please disregard that silly ticker... ;) Apparently, it has no regard for tardy babies!!
5 comments:
we LOVE that place! it has such special memories for us. we went there after we got engaged and painted a platter for our new future place together and then we went there on our first wedding anniversary and painted a set of cereal bowls. i agree-totally relaxing just to sit and talk and paint. good quality time too.
this looks like so much fun! I'm going to take Rachel and Kara when they're older and hopefully it will give us lots of mommy/daughter fun time :)
Looks like you had a wonderful day together. What great memories before the birth of your little one.
You told me about the "Swen Sten" but this is better than I even imagined! :) Glad you guys had such a great day date!
I am so jealous! Love this place. You two are the coolest.
Post a Comment