Saturday, August 8

Our Baby's Bumper

Well after lots and lots of online shopping for crib bedding, I decided to make my own! With the sets I was seeing, I'd only love one or two pieces and want to change the others. So I figured with the mastery sewing skills of my awesome aunt, we could just make what I wanted. We started last month with a trip to Joann's to gather supplies. Since then we've slowly chipped away at the first piece: making the bumper. My aunt & I finally finished that dang bumper yesterday...And I LOVE it! It looks so amazing! It took a lot longer than we thought because we made some changes to the original pattern-- using stripes was a challenge & we did a double-sided version. But it was all worth it in the end! And I've learned so much about sewing with just this one piece. Our next bedding piece is the crib skirt. It's been so wonderful getting in auntie time & working towards a really satisfying goal! Here's stage one completed...

3 comments:

Tara said...

i looooooooove it. if it was sold in stores i totally would have been tempted with it for bradys room. it is soooo cute!!!!

Megan said...

okay now i see that you made it! i love it, it is so awesome! way to go... you are becoming a real sewer! do you have any congo onesies left for your little one?

W and J said...

Thanks!! :) My aunt has been a HUGE help! I'm officially her apprentice! I do have two left & both are gender neutral so I'm so excited. They are already in our dresser :D