Friday, August 7

Mini-Golf

Back around May for Teacher Appreciation Week, our district gave us the Entertainment Book** which contains SO many more coupons/discounts than you will ever need or use. We've been meaning to use some of them. This week W took me on a fun date night to Golfland. Every time we drive past on it, on the way home from our midwife appts., he reminds me that he's been wanting to take me since we were dating!! Apparently, there was one that he went to as a kid and has fond memories of. So, we took our little coupon, some snacks & off we went! And it was a blast-- complete silly fun!
I hadn't mini-golfed for like 10 years, but by the second hole I got a hole in one!! I really thought I would beat my husband until we got to holes #3-19. I even discovered that my hubby had an 8th or 9th bday party at Golfland and cried because he got so frustrated with one of the holes and was embarrassed by his score. The things you learn on dates! :) Like an excellently trained boy scout, W discovered another ball on the course which we used to "practice" and over 10 tokens in the arcade area. W also got a hole in one on the last hole so I guess we're going back sometime to use the free round. Hole in One Victory...
We played lots of arcade games! I'm so excited for when we take our kids. W's totally going to be that dad who wins his kids LOTS of tickets at the kiddie games. I was awful, but so excited when he would win me tickets. But I did beat him at air hockey once and a car racing game!! Whoo-hoo. Celebrating the victories! :D

**My mom gave me another book a few weeks ago, so if anyone wants it...please let me know! I'd really love to not have two of these coupon books!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

ooo if it is unclaimed, we will take it! we didnt buy one this year!!

p.s. that shirt looks way better on you than it ever did on me. what the heck.

W and J said...

Oh, yeah!! The book is all yours!! I'll bring it next Thurs. morning. And thank you for the shirt, I totally LOVE your taste in clothes!! :)

Tara said...

i found two more shirts for you in the move. ill bring them thursday as well! :)