Tuesday, July 14

Books On Birth

I love education, learning and reading!! (Go figure, teacher!) Summer is such a treat to be able to read, read and read about childbirth. I figure most of my fears, worries, hesitations about birth are because I had NO CLUE about pregnancy, besides having NO experience. Prior to reading, all I knew was: 1) You have 9 months 2) You get really big 3) Something about water-breaking. Yup, complete ignorance on the topic. Now I'm really getting lots of great and not-so-great information. I've been trying to learn as much about labor and actual birth as possible to prepare for our home birth.

Currently reading with high recommendations:

1) The Joy of Natural Childbirth
2) Thinking Woman's Guide To A Better Birth
3) My First 300 Babies

2 comments:

Tara said...

i would also recommend (i borrowed them, or else they would have been with the others i gave you):

the pregnancy bible

your pregnancy week by week

also, on the discovery health channel, there is a show called deliver me and deliver me home edition. i was addicted to those when i was pregnant (and kind of still am). a reality show that follows 3 obgyn women in l.a. love it.

Anonymous said...

Be careful with a home birth. There is so much that can go wrong...with you or your precious baby; and in the time it takes to get to a hospital, a lot can happen. Hospitals and medicine are improvements in science and technology to help save lives. We should be grateful to live in these times.

Be smart.