Saturday, July 11

The Angels Are Singing...

What has been a full headache of a project for the past 2 years is finally completed!! Our garage is CLEAN!! It is with pride and relief that I present our garage. ;)(it's dark...not the point..notice..wide open spaces!!!)

It all began Sunday when we did our customary trip to Costco. We found a fabulous deal on metro storage shelving and just couldn't pass it up. W put the shelving together & worked so hard to stack all our crap..I mean meaningful boxes full of wonderful delightful things..on top. Once up we found one would not suffice. Come today: complex-wide garage sale!! We were able to get motivated enough to divide some of our crap into a sale-able pile. We were shocked when people bought it today!! ;) One person's crap, another person's treasure. It was great to make some $$ for once too. During this afternoon, W ran to Costco for another shelf unit...after 3 more hrs. of W's hard work & amazing-ness (while I went to a girlie movie) lo & behold: our CLEAN garage!! Yippie!! I don't even have any before pictures...thank goodness!! Unfortunately, W's truck is just too darn long to fit comfortably inside so we've decided to have our own personal "guest" parking for our visitors.

We would still love to clean out & throw away a few more of these shelved boxes, but we're just so excited to see our garage floor! :D (yes, it was THAT bad!) And we still need to sell our treadmill.

So far, we've successfully cleaned out our office/crap room, converted it into our guestroom... cleaned out our ex-guestroom, converted that into our nursery...and now our garage!! The last & final summer project step: our master bedroom & closet. Thankfully this won't be nearly as much as a project!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

wow-what a great husband u have!!!

p.s. you may want to keep that treadmill for after baby? :) i know i wished i had one!

Stef said...

I am SO incredibly jealous, its not even funny! I've been dying to do something like this for about 5 years (just so you know, we've been married 5 years).
I love the shelves you got and how you organized everything! This is so up my ally. You did an awesome job!

Megan said...

impressive! and inspiring... how much are you selling the treadmill for?