Monday, December 29
A Restful Christmas
I know. This is old, past due, etc. I've been avoiding the fact that I haven't blogged in so long, but William kindly uploaded some pictures so it makes posting easier. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We spend both days with my parents since we leave on Wednesday for Orange County and the Swenson's Christmas celebration. We started a new Arterburn tradition of Cioppino seafood soup for Christmas Eve Dinner. We even got to wear fancy bibs that my mom and I found when we went shopping in the city! So fashionable!
William and I hosted Christmas morning with coffee and Æbleskiver (Danish pancakes). We opened gifts then headed to the movies to see Benjamin Button. Dad was so disappointed that he couldn't start an another new Arterburn tradition: hiking the ridge-- it was cold, rainy, and not outdoor weather. Next came a much needed nap (Jess) and a trip to the dog park (William), then back to my parents for Christmas dinner. We had both been super exhuasted with the ending of school that it was so wonderful to have both days be so low key. This Christmas season just flew by both of us. My dad was again let down this year: we didn't decorate or get a tree. Maybe next year?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
im with your dad--you didn't get a tree?! on your first married christmas?! :(
so glad you guys had such a fabulous holiday! <3
Post a Comment