Wednesday, November 12

Keep Trying Something New


So I picked up sewing this summer and I'm content with the fact that I'll probably buy a machine next summer. It's kinda hard to pick up and put it down when I'm not very good at it. I still need more practice and mentorship. I'm ok with it being my summer outlet. Well I still felt like I'd like to try something new...something more exercise related since I need a better de-stresser than shopping (so says my husband) And I'm so not the dedicated gym member I once was in college. :)

So over our day off yesterday, I signed up to try a Hip Hop class through a Dublin dance studio. I've been wanting to try hip hop since the last season of SYTYCD and finally actually did something about it. Although it wasn't as easy as I thought. Most dance classes are for kids... since we are living in a family-oriented area. So I was so excited to find this studio that had a teen/adult class on Tuesday nights. We'll see how it goes next Tues! I really hope well because it'll be a fun outlet.. I miss my cheerleading days.. and dancing! But I don't think I'll be learning moves like those above... I'm so not flexible or strong anymore!! :(

3 comments:

Megan said...

haha I miss cheerleading and being in shape too.

About sewing. I basically taught myself. I had a few women show me tricks every now and then, but online tutorials are the best. Check out sewmamasew.com/blog2 and see all of their awesome tutorials. They are doing a holiday gift giving series right now, with all sorts of tutorials.

Let me know if you get a machine and how it goes!

Tara said...

wow! good for you! i took alot of hip hop classes in hs and they were fun! hope you have a good time!

Stef said...

Hip hop... love it. Totally fits you. And, sounds like a good work out!
Also, your new blog layout rocks. I love it.