I can't wait for the coming season. As I plopped into my scorching hot car after school today, I gave a mental scream, "When is it going to get CHILLY?!?!" I hate getting into my car at the end of the day--way too suffocatingly hot! Autumn is such a great season for many reasons. The changing of the leaves from green to orange, red, brown, and yellow hues. And the smells are amazing: crisp, cool breezes; jack-o'-lanterns; spiced breads; pine trees dampened by the dew... and let's not forget about my all time favorite: Pumpkin Spiced Lattes!! So beautiful! I want to wear pants, long sleeves, coats, jackets, layers and the like. I have been eyeing this and that at j.crew for awhile now. I'm trying to figure out how I can work them into my closet without my dear husband noticing. :) I've got to do more nannying!! And with school full swing and the dogs--I-gasp!-- haven't had any time to go shopping. And blessing for my wallet, most assuredly. Both of us have really buckled down and seem quite focused on school and home. It's great for now, but I'm sure I'll be itching for an escape trip sometime soon! And I'm still working on our anniversary plans--nothing booked yet. What are your Autumn plans??
Thursday, September 4
Autumn
I can't wait for the coming season. As I plopped into my scorching hot car after school today, I gave a mental scream, "When is it going to get CHILLY?!?!" I hate getting into my car at the end of the day--way too suffocatingly hot! Autumn is such a great season for many reasons. The changing of the leaves from green to orange, red, brown, and yellow hues. And the smells are amazing: crisp, cool breezes; jack-o'-lanterns; spiced breads; pine trees dampened by the dew... and let's not forget about my all time favorite: Pumpkin Spiced Lattes!! So beautiful! I want to wear pants, long sleeves, coats, jackets, layers and the like. I have been eyeing this and that at j.crew for awhile now. I'm trying to figure out how I can work them into my closet without my dear husband noticing. :) I've got to do more nannying!! And with school full swing and the dogs--I-gasp!-- haven't had any time to go shopping. And blessing for my wallet, most assuredly. Both of us have really buckled down and seem quite focused on school and home. It's great for now, but I'm sure I'll be itching for an escape trip sometime soon! And I'm still working on our anniversary plans--nothing booked yet. What are your Autumn plans??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Okay, I'm with Wills on this one. The poor guy barely has enough room for his work clothes in that closet. Next thing...you'll move his stuff to a closet in the other room!
I love Autumn! I'm a fan of Autumn, winter and spring... so basically NOT summer. :)
I can't wait to take the kids to go get pumpkins and start smelling all the fall type foods in our house. Oh, what fun!
(and, it means our baby will be here, so this year I'm a huge fan)
Thanks for watching my back, moms!
i am soooo ready for fall! so ready for the cool crisp weather, pumpkin spice breads, fall smells, fall foods, pumpkin patches, pumpkin carving, holiday cookies, decorations....i just looooove october through jan. the BEST! =)
p.s. i did get your message. been REALLY sick the past few days. i am still on for the concert, if you are. i am really hoping and praying and crossing my fingers ill be good by then. ill be over 12 weeks, which is when they say this morning sickness stops or at least slows down a bit.
but, if you'd rather take someone else, i COMPLETELY and TOTALLY understand, since my situation is so unpredictable.
i miss u, friend.
Oh I am with ya! I can't wait for fall too! I love that season...my favorite one of the year!!
Post a Comment