Monday, August 18

One Year Anniversary...

Is coming sooner than we think! We are both so excited to celebrate & get away. It's about 4 months away but prices are already going up. And we'd like to go somewhere fun. We're torn about what to do & I feel like we should really get out since we are still just two for now. We've been thinking about Colorado, Costa Rica or Napa. It'll be in December so we have to take that into consideration too. And we're hoping to do Swenson Christmas before Christmas this year since our anniversary falls on the following weekend. So where did you go on anniversaries or where would you go? Any ideas or suggestions?

9 comments:

Edie said...

I can not believe you are planning this far ahead. I can barely manage what I'm doing tomorrow. Your dad votes for Napa.

I want to see how you change the entire Swenson family Christmas to the week before.

Stef said...

Good for you, for planning ahead! These next four months will pass by so fast, with holidays and all. AND, so good to be going away somewhere, before the babies start coming. :)
Our honeymoon was spent in Hawaii and so if you've not been there, I highly recommend it. Our first year anniversary was Monterey, mostly because we had a 6 week old baby and didn't want to do travel far away.
Costa Rica sounds amazing, but I've also always wanted to go to Colorado. If you like to snow ski, CO sounds awesome.
Either way you know you'll have fun just being together. :)

Jenn said...

Nathan and I went to New Zealand for our one year anniversary. Like you we wanted to do something special while it was just the two of us. Good thing we did too because we came back with a great souvenir and her name is Allison! Now as far as our second anniversary we did dinner and a movie, still nice, but not quite the same.

jillyco said...

I know I already gave you my vote on Sunday (and my vote was to go anywhere where you are alone...not visiting friends or family!) :)

You know what we did on our first anniversary? Sadly...nothing. Kenny was in the Navy and he was out to sea on a submarine. :( It was a sad day for me, but he did have the foresight to order me roses that were delivered that day. :) When he came back, I think we spent a weekend snowmobiling in Yellowstone!

I like Stef's idea of Hawaii! We're still thinking about what we'll do for our 20th anniversary next year.

Stef said...

btw- that wedding photo is beautiful. This will sound so random, Jess, but... I think you have beautiful teeth!

william said...

Stef,
Believe me, it's not that random.
Sincerely,
William

Stef said...

haha... good. :)
I remember in one of the surveys she filled out, she said she likes to brush them a lot, so now I know her secret. And, I think she said she wears her retainers still, so I have hope. :)

Tara said...

wow, i had no idea you guys were thinking 'big' like costa rica!!! holy cow!! i think that would be amazing! i have known lots of people recently who have gone and their pictures are amazing. i would also vote for hawaii. i LOOOOVE hawaii. it is pure relaxation, peace, romance, and beauty. personally, we love kauai. hope you guys have fun whatever you end up doing!!

william said...

Psst...I think Jess was trying to tell me something when she posted the thing about Costa Rica. 8o) But dang, wouldn't that be sweet?
I think we'd hit up Spain before Costa Rica, so long as our friends are still living out there working with Avant ministries.