Thursday, July 31

First Completed Project!

I completed my first sewing project yesterday: a sunglasses case. When driving over to Gretchen's, I realized half way through my journey that I left my make-up bag at home. Hello?! It worked out fine though. So, the case was a completely tangent idea from what we were going to do: little girlie purses, but since I'm so slow at this, it took us the whole time. I'm so happy with how it turned out. I even did some hand sewing with the lavender ribbon and button closer. So now I have 2 projects to complete: make-up case & little girl purse. I can see how this maybe an on-going hobby. I think I'm now seriously considering purchasing a sewing machine. Even though I'm really following Gretchen's every move & have a hard time visually the steps-- hopefully with time & practice I'll get the knack of it.

5 comments:

Stef said...

VERY cute. I love the way this turned out. You will teach me, yes?

gretchen y. said...

you crack me up. thanks for mentioning the total tangent, i'm glad you followed me with that scrap of fabric that was screaming tampon holder/cigarette case or hmm... sun glass case. I think you picked the right thing and now you want to make another one for personal female items don't you?
oh, so that was a total tangent.
i'm glad you could come over and get your dose of mom reality!

W and J said...

Stef- I would love to hang out again & sewing would be so fun! :)

Gretchen- You know I want to make another bag! You've got me hooked! :) Now, if I could just figure out how you visualize the final project & how to get there..that would be perfect!! For now, I'm wholly dependent on your amazing skill.

gretchen y. said...

you're too funny, we'll work on visualizing and the construction process now that you have the straight line and ironing and seam trimming down, maybe we could try using a pattern, yes learning to read a pattern is a good thing, like when making clothing.
The great thing about sewing is that the possibilities are endless!!!

Tara said...

omg i LOOOOVE it!