

I got finished my first year of teaching and to celebrate William & I left Friday afternoon for the woods. One of his many brothers works at the Young Life Woodleaf camp. It was such a blast to get away from everything & enjoy nature. Man, I have been missing that so much. We hiked, canoed, ping-ponged, swam, and rode these things called ridge runners--basically caged motored cars--around a dirt course. We walked everywhere. It was fabulous. We did leave 'the blob' for our next trip up. I did, however, read my InStyle magazine & a book during the long weekend. WOW! Such personal accomplishment that has been abandoned this year. William even got some information about working on staff there which is exciting. I'd love to work for a Christan camp again. And to do it as a married team would be a dream come true. We also stopped in Vacaville to visit & dine with an old friend of William's. The couple are having twins in late December. They were so cute.



1 comment:
love love love it.
p.s. im so jealous of your potential camp counselor jobs. i used to go to christian camp every summer growing up; it is such a great memory i have from childhood! let me know if you guys end up doing that!!
Post a Comment