Wednesday, June 26

Lately...

Last week I got the stomach flu and laid in bed the entire following day. Bleh. We missed out on some fun activities like family dinner, the boys going to the fair with my parents, and a girls' night out. It also was a bummer because I had finally found a happy groove with the kids. Like, we may have caught a glimpse at a new normal and been enjoying it when bam! I'm laid up in bed. Isn't that the way of life at this stage?!




So, we're picking up where we left off this week. We seem to have a routine. We have finally weaned from screen time except for our movie day. Only took like 4 months to have a little more cushion when handling three on a daily basis. I feel frantic less often even though I'm still not getting stellar sleep. I'm still on two cups of coffee, but by God's grace, I'm quicker at extending love and patience to the needs that arise. Have I arrived?! Certainly not, but I'm happy to report progress. :) Less survival mode and more embracing the day.

My phone has also taken a turn for the worst. Apparently, one drop too many and it can't hold a good internet connection. And I refuse to pay for more data. So in addition to my self-imposed limiting, my phone is basically making it much more possible to stay off of social media. And connect with real life.


And we've jumped on the Downton Abbey bandwagon finally. I knew from its genre that it was only a matter of time. With our few other shows on break, it was a good time to try out the first seasons. Such good entertainment.

So this summer I'm taking a free pass. Beyond a few fun weekends, we don't have much of anything planned. We even opted out of family camp this year because it just would have been too hard. So, the summer bucket list will have to wait until next year--when the boys are just a bit older and more independent. We'll enjoy a few traditions, but otherwise, it'll be lots of pool time, castlewood time and sticking close to home.

Roadtrip with the motorycle crew next summer, right, gparents?!? ;)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Yay for Downton! My fave! Also, I love that the headband is getting so much use. Lovely, I tell ya!

Glad you're feeling better and balancing this mom to three biz. :)