Friday, April 22

Not Much

Not much going on around here lately. Although our evenings have been eventful {especially for W}, we're still doing a lot of this during the day...
Our PBK anywhere chair arrived a few weeks ago and has gotten a lotta of love already. I snagged this for E for just $42 instead of the $120 splurge it normally is. Two frugal tips: for PB, it pays you to call in to customer service. I guess they have additional sales that aren't posted online, so she could take an additional $30 off the price. It also pays to hoard gift cards since 2007 {a wedding gift from a student's parents}.

We've had some great parks dates and lovely morning walks this week; so thankful for good friends and the sun! My parents joined us one evening for a yummy BBQ. We've done lots of errands this week as well. My really good friend, Stef, shared her Target score the other day. I've been pining after play kitchens, specifically wooden ones, for awhile now. And she got a pink cutie on clearance. So naturally, we went to our Target and got the red version for $60 instead of the original  $120. Thank YOU, Stef!
{think I'm going to switch out the red curtain for another color. Maybe some camo?! ;)} Anyway, I'm super excited about his new kitchen. We already purchased some loud pots & pans plus some felt foods on our IKEA adventure. We plan to put it up around September when the baby comes. I'm hoping this will help our indoor-ness seem less cabin-fever like for E.

Now we're just kicking back and waiting for Easter weekend. 
 {yes, I realize my son will be 'that boy' who wears his batman costume for a straight month without taking it off. I've already embraced the future.}

We were homeless at first for the weekend, with my parents somehow scheduling a Harley ride down south {the nerve!}. But we were rescued by a family who's known me forever. They invited us to their big shindig. There will be lots of kids which we're excited about.

Hope you all have a fabulous Easter weekend remembering that Christ died for us so that we may be free and empowered to change by His Holy Spirit!

4 comments:

Tara said...

awesome job on your deal on the anywhere chair!! was this recently? ill have to call in...i was gunna get p's soon. that dang chair was seriously the best investment! brady LOVESSS that darn thing! he sits in it all.the.time.

hope you guys have a wonderful easter weekend!

ashlynjustin said...

I have been looking into these since g has out grown his bouncer and loves to sit in a chair... Thanks for sharing and Happy Easter!

Stef said...

SO glad you ended up finding the kitchen for the great deal! I hope he likes it as much as the girls do.
Also the PBK anywhere chair - way to go, Jess!!

Good for you. Happy Easter!

W and J said...

Tara- it only was a few weeks ago, and I'm not sure if it was just on the slipcover I was ordering. Hopefully you get a discount with P's-- those things are not cheap!