Thursday, December 20

Turning Three {part two}

So, I had these grand plans of hosting Ezra's first "friend/kid" party this year. I had a theme already picked out {polar express}, decoration ideas already pinned, etc. But then October flew by. Then November. And suddenly, each and every weekend of December was full between parties, out-of-town company, a wedding, and Christmas dinners and teas. I was stumped. To be honest, they make me hyperventilate. I so wish I had the talent of party-planning. I know some amazing moms who can do it in their sleep, love it, and the planning seems effortless. It stresses me out. Which may be why I continued putting it off?! Maybe. And I definitely didn't want to do a last minute party or half-way put together one. 

Instead, we took Ezra out on a "birthday date" to see the Train of Lights in a town nearby. Close enough to the Polar Express, right?! Our church rents out the entire train each year for a night so we got  discounted tickets. We left Theo at the gparents because it was a late late night {read: home at 9}. We all bundled up, brought a bag of homemade cookies and a thermo of hot cocoa, put on the glow sticks that W got earlier in the week, and arrived early to pick our seats. 

The train was so beautifully decked out in Christmas lights. It was such a magical sight!!

And we went for a ride and walked through the entire train: looking at all the decorations, hanging out with friends, and getting a candy cane from Santa. 
An instant hit. And for sure, another new family tradition. Ezra was really bummed that Theo didn't join in on the fun. Hopefully, it'll be all five of us next year! 

1 comment:

Tara said...

i THRIVE on party planning stress!! i couldnt love anything more!! lol!

this looks like the perfect night!!