Tuesday, October 16

This, That and Two More Things

I've been keeping busy with girl nursery projects, scheming up shared boy room ideas, and hanging with my boys. I've made four crib sheets, two throw pillows and currently finishing up a ruffle ombre crib skirt. I shared one of the throw pillow tutorials over at Newlywife last week.

We've had some fun-filled days and relaxing weekends with local mini-adventures. We spend most of our week days at some park or other. Now it's all about tagging errands on beforehand so I can accomplish addition tasks during the week.
W got a bad case of the cold several weeks backs and thankfully, was the only one. My parents got back from Europe which means "Gparent Thursdays" are back in full swing. Yippie!

But really, this post is to share two things. Two things that are so awesome. And that we love.

First, this salad dressing recipe. It has changed my salad experience and we love it! The flavor is amazing and I'm sure it would go with more than just a simple salad. Plus the added benefits of raw apple cider vinegar. We've been using it for several months now and I'm pretty sure I won't be buying store bought dressing ever again..not that I really did before. Homemade is just so much more tastier in my {expert, of course} opinion! ;)

Second, a baked oatmeal recipe. I'm not really an oatmeal person, but wanted to try it out. I made it for the first time for yesterday's breakfast and it did not disappoint. Served with some maple Greek yogurt, brown sugar and coffee. Yum! And so filling!

At least 12 hrs before breakfast, mix all the below together and let sit in a warm place till you are ready to make...
3 C rolled oats
  1/2 C melted coconut oil or butter
1/2 C honey
1 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon
1 C whey or buttermilk or yogurt with live and active cultures

In the morning, mix in...
3 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 t baking soda
1 t cream of tartar
optional: chopped nuts or frozen berries {I went with berries; about 1 C}

Bake in a buttered 9x13 pan for about 30 mins at 350-375 degrees. You may have to cook longer or at higher heat if using frozen berries {I went with 375}. Serve with butter, maple syrup, honey, cream, or yogurt!






1 comment:

Tara said...

I wish I was half as energetic when I am pregnant. Lol. You go girl!