Our eating area has gotten a big fat
face-lift these last few weeks and I'm so excited to share the updates.
I really didn't intent to update this space, although I constantly see
it since we spend so much time downstairs. I think it must have all
started when I added our up-cycled chalkboard-- from there, things just kinda morphed into lighter and brighter.
So
here's a peek of what it looked like before {that is after two large,
dark, flower prints were replaced with the chalkboard}...
And here it is today...
We've
had {and still have} many gatherings so I've kept the two leaves in our
table. I've updated the curtains, added a paper circle garland to the
chalkboard {more on those later}, and hung a custom banner {courtesy of
my talented new friend, Heather, from CMHandmade}. I also still have some spring loot hanging around on the cabinet, including the faux blossoms I made`with tissue paper.
Our
jasmine bush is currently in bloom. It smells oh-so-yummy in our
backyard. E has been helping me bring in some of its flowers to fill a
jar with. It's seriously the only plant we haven't killed yet and is so
massive right now. We're getting ready for veggie garden attempt #3.
Third times the charm, right?!
I
would love to exchange the chandelier for something more simple and
re-cover the chairs. Upholstery definitely terrifies me, or at least the
tops of the chairs. But maybe there's a pinterest pin for that? ;)
I
wanted to eventually update this space, but figured it'd be while. So,
things just happened without much forethought. Ideas and resources that
I'd been looking for just seemed to pop up at the right time so I jumped
on them. It really is a fun place to eat, craft, and entertain now.
Hopefully, folks will be encouraged to stay for awhile.


2 comments:
heather did such a great job! the banner looks amazing!!
i have to say my absolute fav part is those curtains!!!
You are making me want a banner now :)
Post a Comment