Monday, April 23

Frolic


My favorite part of this spring season has been all the beautiful mustard plants growing wildly in vacant fields that are squashed between areas of development. They always look so inviting. Just begging to be explored with arms stretched out and fingers brushing against the waving weeds.


 On our various weekly errand-runs, I'd been hunting for fields that were accessible. Many of them are surrounded by barbed wire or are just out of our way to drive to. Then last week I found one that we could just walk into to-- right passed the "private property" sign. ;)

 I loaded the kids up in the van, grabbed my camera, and went out to the field. I taught Ezra about my love of open spaces, wild weeds, and carefree spirits. {He insisted on taking his pasta claw with us.}

{he was there too; in his typical fashion...taking the world in while tucked comfortably away on Mama's back...}


An afternoon well spent. Love my little men.

3 comments:

Tara said...

looks SO blissful! i love mustard plants too!! and they make for GREAT pictures!!

Erin Stewart said...

Beautiful pictures! Oh.so.fun!!!

Stef said...

my goodness, when did Ezra get SO big???
loved these pictures. For some, I bet it looks like an allergy commercial, since I'm sure that's all they think when they see blossoms :)