Thursday, December 29

To The Dark Side

I'm a minivan Mama and proud of it.
{Holy Cow! Did that just come out of my mouth?!}
We spent all stinking day at the dealerships {honda, kia, and toyota} on Monday and walked away with the sweetest ride. I won't lie: it was one of the more painful and stressful times {perhaps because we ALL went}, but the reward was HUGE. I just don't want to repeat that for many many many more years. A big big BIG thanks to my parents. They did A TON of leg work to help us get the right fit at a fair price AND helped with an extremely exhausted/hyper two-year-old.

We decided on the Toyota Sienna which was slightly unexpected. I thought for sure I'd love the Odyssey. But the dealership has this demo and it was perfect...even a great charcoal color. My favorite parts so far? The automatic doors, seat warmers, and sun roof. I still have a lot to learn with all these buttons. I never thought I'd be so happy to own a minivan. Figured hell would have to freeze over before I drove one. But these last 4 months with two little ones and a two door car pushed me way over the edge. I didn't even want to see the Pilot.

Good-bye, Little Red Devil. {W's nickname that he gave to my cabrio when we were dating}. You have served me well these past eleven years! But it's now time to move on to a bigger and better vehicle....
 

3 comments:

Megan said...

You and your van are just so cute! Also, I think vans have come a LONG way since we were kids. They really did used to be ugly and lame. Not so much anymore! haha

Stef said...

I had to LOL when I read this because I've wanted to drive a van since I was about 4 years old. So the day I got one was like my biggest dream come TRUE!
I love them. I know eventually we'll probably need something even bigger and I'll sell the mini with tears.
I love the Sienna! We almost got one, but then settled on our van, due to price.
Toyota is an awesome car; you guys won't regret it.
Also, if it makes you feel better, the Odyssey is mostly for looks. Everyone I've known that has one has the buttons and knobs break so fast and I think they don't wear as well as the Toyotas. But again, personal preference.
Just be glad you didn't turn into a "suburban Mama" because you'd be payin' for it at the gas pump!

Tara said...

SO excited for you!!! that has GOT to make your life so much easier!! and i cant believe you didnt even look at the new pilots!! ahhh, the new pilots make my heart skip a beat!! i want one so bad, but out of our price range. :(