Yes, it does in fact take a village. Since Theo made his wonderful entrance into our little world, we have not been afraid to ask for help!
The biggest and most obvious help has been my parents. I'm consistently thankful and blown away by their amazing and unending support. Just last week, my mom drove Theo and me an hour out to an appointment, waited in the waiting room for 45 minutes and then drove us back home. My dad took 2 hours out of his afternoon to attend Theo's circumcision so I'd have some moral support. Not to mention all the yummy meals they've taken care of here and there throughout the last 3 weeks, taking E at the drop of a phone call, and the check-ins with me to make sure I'm still breathing and not dead from a fever or stress. Heh.
A few weeks ago, my Auntie Rhonda {my mom's sister} came over for a few hours to hang with Ezra while W did some errands. Since I was still recovering from mastitis phase I, I wasn't really all that helpful. She spent time loving on E and being goofy with him.
Two Saturday ago, Mama Judy came into town. She'll be here for two WHOLE weeks!! Seriously, a God-send. W started work last week and has been gone all day. He only sees Ezra for his last ten minutes of awake time while W puts him to bed. Having Mama here means I don't have a screaming, starving baby while having to try to get dinner on the table, a toddler fed and bathed, or when stealing away for a shower or quick bite to eat. How is it that Theo's eating schedule seems to coinicide with E's nap time, meal times, or any other time sensitive daily event?! Not sure how that's going to work when there's just me. Heh.
I'm completely indebted to my sweet sweet family on both sides. They have been such servants and so wonderful; it's hard to put into words. Since my body just doesn't like to cooporate during recovery and actually recover, it's been such a deep blessing to have these amazing people in our lives to help us, encourage us, and provide for us in such practical ways.
Sure, we may move away. In fact, we still want to someday. But now I'm saying when our youngest is like 10 or something. ;)
4 comments:
you are very, very, VERY lucky. we were all on our own from the 2nd week home from the hospital. the grandparents i guess decided after the first week and a half, we would be fully adjusted and not need help anymore. ha!
It's good to have family! Hang in there. It gets better.
I'm glad you have so much support! I will miss my family when our next baby is born... but I've been overwhelmed by the way God provides people (like family) to step in and help and love on us.
I'm glad W's Mom is there visiting and helping you!
I'm horrible at asking for help... Probably because my dad always told me if you want something done right, you do it yourself. Comes from owning his own business, I guess.
It's wonderful that you have family that is not only willing to help out when you need them but that you also trust to do it the way you would.
Post a Comment