without a 911 call. Seriously.
Last time it was for W passing out and this time for E.
Some kids like to paint on walls while their
moms are pre-occupied. Some get into your thick body cream and cover their
faces, arms and legs. Mine? He rolls off of our sofa as I watch him from the kitchen while finishing up dinner. Unfortunately, he
has fallen off of the sofa a few times already, but this time was
obviously different. He was a bit hyper and had rolled with much gusto. After I picked him up, he passed out. I wasn't sure
if it was a seizure, concussion, or just passing out from the
shock/sobs not letting enough air in. He was out, stiff, with his eyes rolled back in my arms
for a few seconds while I dialed 911 and tried to get him to respond. Then he came to,
seemed momentarily disoriented, cried a bit and asked for his baby.
By
the time I was finished with the call, he was already talking about his
'owie'. W walked in shortly thereafter and E was acting
normal albeit quieter; I just didn't want to put him down. The paramedics were already on their way so we figured they
should just double-check.
Sure
enough, it sounded like E had passed out from lack of air. We had 8
firefighters standing in our small family room, checking him out. They
just asked questions and gave him a once-over. Then asked if he wanted to see the firetruck while letting me know "We need more boys!" and "You'll sure have your hands full" once they noticed I was pregnant. Such sweet, kind guys, I'll tell ya. It shook me up but the entire thing from when I picked him up to when the truck was leaving only lasted 30-45 minutes. We were eating dinner at our regular time.
Still a bit shell-shocked.
Honestly, it would be so nice if just one pregnancy could happen without emergency drama. It would be nice not to suffer a heart attack while growing a human. It's all this Mama asks for. Apparently, that's still asking too much...
Maybe I should just open a tub of lotion and put it right in front of him to play with next time I need a few minutes?
Honestly, it would be so nice if just one pregnancy could happen without emergency drama. It would be nice not to suffer a heart attack while growing a human. It's all this Mama asks for. Apparently, that's still asking too much...
Maybe I should just open a tub of lotion and put it right in front of him to play with next time I need a few minutes?
6 comments:
this terrifies me. it freaks me out to think of one of the boy's first "big" injuries. whether it be a 911 call or stitches or a broken bone.... FREAKS ME OUT.
i cant imagine having to deal with this while hormonal and pregnant. im sorry, but i am so glad he is ok! i guess now is the time when i should stop complaining about brady coloring on my walls and squirting liquid dish soap all over the carpet. i suppose that is better than knocking himself out and needing a paramedic call. lol! ;)
I would have panicked! how scary, but so so so glad that he was perfectly ok....and got a fire truck treat out of it:)
I LOVE the idea of just putting the tub of lotion right in front of him next time. bahahahaha! you're hysterical!
Totally love the lotion idea. ; )
I'm so happy to hear he's ok.
How scary for him and you. Last thing you need is any additional stress, emotional or otherwise. ; /
At least now you can breath easy right?!
Poor thing, I am so happy he is okay! So happy that Mama is okay too!
How scary - so glad he's ok!
sorry Jess :( I hate when this stuff happens. Kara did this the night before we moved to WA and it was a BAD way to leave.
She was crying during a picture and then turned blue and then just passed out. Very random.
I'm glad E's okay!
Post a Comment