Not as challenging as we had worried about leading up to the
day. Surprisingly, we were packed by Monday and had most details taken care of
in advance of our early Wednesday morning departure. Here’s our loot {minus a
car seat, lunch pail and stroller}… more carry on weight than our checked luggage, I’m
sure. ;)
E loved seeing all the big airplanes. It was fun that we
just went to the Airplane Museum so he already knew what they were.
We lucked out the first leg and got a whole row to
ourselves. E loved putting his feet up.
We sure asked a great deal of E on our travel day: waking up
at 4:30, and a loooong day of travel. This included one 4 hr flight and a 3 hr
flight. Although, there was very little sleep that day, he did amazing. We
read, snacked on yummy treats, colored, made pipe-cleaner bracelets, stuck
stickers everywhere, and played with kind neighbors. He even let us watch the in-flight movie on
the last leg—which was Unstoppable, a movie about Pennsylvania and filmed in
Pittsburgh.
And he loved blowing off some steam by way of the 'moving walk'. We went on that thing again and again and again and...while waiting for Mama Judy to land.
We arrived in the early evening at W’s Aunt Pat and Uncle
Jim’s place in southern Pittsburgh. Aunt Pat is Mama Judy’s oldest sibling.
Mama is the youngest of 8! I am really looking forward to meeting some of W’s
extended family for the first time—as he was too since the one and only time he’s
seen them was when he was three!
{I'm hijacking some internet so while I hope I can continue to post while here, no promises!}
3 comments:
you guys always amaze me at the very LITTLE amount of luggage you have when you go somewhere. i dont know how you do it!!!!
i swear, we have quadruple the amount when we go somewhere for just 2 days! and i mean literally! i think last time we went to stacey and mike's for TWO DAYS, we had 3 suitcases and two toiletry bags (think the size of a small duffle. and of course the pack n play, diaper bag and other misc. baby things.
teach me your ways! lol!
have a blast!!!
Have fun! I'm glad you guys get this experience before baby joins you. Love that E is traveling so well - that's a huge blessing!
I'm so happy the flight went so well for you guys. E is such a sweetie, I wouldn't have expected to hear anything less.
I just had the chance to meet Timmy's cousin for London last weekend {Timmy hasn't seen her in 15 years} we all had such a wonderful time chatting, catching up and getting to know each other.
How special for W to meet them, again, with his family there with him.
Have a fabulous trip. ; )
Post a Comment