Wednesday, June 29

Work & Play at the Fair

The Work: The current elective that my tutor student is taking is photography. I must admit that I selfishly wanted him to sign up for this after we finished culinary, because I wanted to learn more about it. Since he's on an independent program, I do all the teaching so I've been learning lots as I try to develop some curriculum. 

Anyway, after getting some free fair tickets from our neighbor, I thought it would be a great assignment {after learning about composition} to head to the fair for some shots. We borrowed my mom's Nikon and went to town for a good hour. Truly, a rough work life!

Here's a few shots he got that I thought were pretty darn good! 


I played with the camera as well. 


The Play: And what do you know, the whole family came along for the fun too. ;)

Ezra's 2nd year to the fair: SO much fun as a toddler! He went on his very first ride: the Carousel. He totally loved it and did not want to get off!

We also hung around the animals and petting zoo. A great chance to put all those animal noises and reading about animals to practice! 

And the fair experience is never complete without the funnel cake!
YES!

4 comments:

Tara said...

the last pic of you is fabulous!

i am IN LOVE w that first shot of the ferris wheel. i bet you could have a lot of fun with editing that photo! so many different options! he did a great job! the composition, the angle, the lighting, the shadowing {lack there-of...one of my biggest photo pet peeves!}

looks like whatever you are finding to teach him, you're finding the right stuff!

you guys have GOT to get ezra to disneyland! he would DIE!!

ashlynjustin said...

Jess the shadow pic of you is amazing, wish I would have done one like that. I agree the fair was a great place for pictures, so much to shoot. Love this post makes me feel like a little kid who was so excited for the fair to come!

Stef said...

woo-hoo, fun!! I love your pregnant style, lady.
You are adorable.

I wanna see your new hair!! Gretchen told me :)

Stefany said...

I too, love the shadow picture. ; )
Looks like a fabulous day.