Thursday, June 9

New News!

Guess what?! We're PREGNANT! Oh, wait...you already knew that. ;)

You may {or may not} have noticed that this week I unlocked the privacy on the blog. You may {or may not} have noticed in my 'lurkers' feed that I was getting visitors from some not normal locations. 

Well, I was doing an experiment of sorts. A girlfriend of mine has been requesting a public blog so she can link back to it. And I've been wanting to do a link-up party {blog post where others can share their projects} for quite some time too. I love looking and getting inspired by what others are sharing and doing. Quite a few of our projects have stemmed from some random family's post or picture that was shared in a link party.

Well, on a whim and after gaining some confidence with my guest post, I unlocked the blog and posted on three different link parties. Just to see if it was even worth it and if people would even care to look at our projects. I was shocked that well over 200 people actually took the time to click on a yellow dresser picture to take them to our post. So fun!

But after chatting it up with W, we decided that we would still keep our family blog private for a few reasons:
1) So many pictures of our son{s}
2) I like the fact that I can also 'journal' on here and know who has access to that personal information
3) Although I like to pretend that our location is unknown, I've linked to some fairly local places and put pictures up of our town...so it's not really all that much of a mystery where we live.

That only really left one option if I wanted to continue sharing our projects and crafts: start another blog. So I'm starting a new experiment...a free, non-committal one. We'll see how it goes. If it utterly fails or takes up too much time, I'll just quit. :) I still plan to post our DIY and craft updates here, so I don't think there will really be a need to hop over to our new one if you already read this one.

Without further ado, here's our new addition: Swenson Style

2 comments:

Tara said...

i was wondering when i saw all the random places on your feed. i was like what on earth?!!? lol. excited for your new blog!!!

Megan said...

Yeah-uh! :)