On Thursday, we met up with Ams and Abby for a trip to the zoo. They had some guest passes and thought it'd be a fun place to hang out for the day.
Although E didn't take a great nap before we left, so he was not in the happiest of moods. And it was pretty hot inland. Hard to imagine those animals being comfortable in that heat too. Even with those things against us, we had a great time checking out the animals and spending time together.
That evening, we put my dad, who had motorcycled down that morning, in charge of 'watching' the sleeping babe. Then W and I headed back to Jon and Amy's place in Brentwood for some dessert and catch-up time.
The following day was more mellow. We stuck around campus during the day since it was too chilly and foggy for the beach. E got some lap time with G-ma, busily working away.
That evening we went out to eat at Paradise Cove Beach Cafe. A kid-friendly place with lots to entertain E.
Wes showing the crazy peanut barrel and hanging pictures.
The place is right on the beach so while waiting for our food to come, we spent some time chasing the seagulls...
running from waves...
and getting wet.
The portions were enormous here! This was the app I ordered that was consumed by four different people, with food still left over. I should have know, given the size of the water glasses!!
So, although we didn't go anywhere new or exotic, this definitely was a fun-packed and relaxing vacation. It was great to see so many people we love and not feel like we were rushing down and back like our usual So. Cal trips. Just makes us long for all of W's family to be closer. Sure, we look forward to our comfy beds and the predictability of routine, but it was such a fabulous time!
2 comments:
hahahaha! that chasing seagulls picture reminds me so much of brady. his life story is chasing birds. lol.
that appetizer platter looks AMAZING!
I love all the vacation updates. It looks like everything about this trip was perfect!
I'm happy you're back though. The kids and I missed our play date last week! ; )
Post a Comment