Friday, March 25

Can't-Get-Enough Curry

This week's new recipe was absolutely delicious so thought I'd share, in case there are other curry lovers out there. It comes from my latest favorite magazine Real Simple. Last month, they featured several yummy crock-pot creations and I stashed a few in my recipe binder. This mag was swapped in to replace my InStyle when Ezra was born. A mark of maturity, maybe?! I'm sure I'll eventually re-add InStyle...when I can actually fit into my clothes longer than a few months! ;)

Curried Chicken with Ginger & Yogurt

What you need:
1/3 c tomato paste {i just used an enough can of it}
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 T curry powder
1 T grated fresh ginger
1 t ground cumin
1 medium onion, chopped
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken
salt and black pepper
long-grain or jasmine rice
1/2 c plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
2 scallions, thinly sliced {i used green onions}

What you do:
In slow cooker, whisk first 5 ingredients together with 3/4 c water
Add onion and stir to combine
Place chicken on top and season with 1T salt and 1/4 t pepper
Cover & cook on low for 7-8 hrs or high for 3-4 hrs
Twenty minutes before serving, cook rice according to directions
Just before serving, add yogurt and 1/2 t salt to chicken and stir
Serve with rice and sprinkle with scallions


W was definitely excited about his lunch the following day!

2 comments:

Tara said...

LOVE INDIAN FOOD!!! LOVE CURRY!!

i am totally making this over the weekend! thanks lady!

Erin Stewart said...

Totally going to try this :)