Friday, January 28

It's Done!

Well, ok. Almost. I'm one quick step away, but I wanted to post anyway. :)

Here's the outside of the tote bag:
 I embroidered around the L to outline it.

Here's the inside:
So, our local fabric store is moving...in April to a location nearby. But I discovered this week that they are no longer receiving any shipments. Ugh. I was forced to pick another fabric and tried to find one that remotely went with my shark print. It was a Tim-Gunn-make-it-work-moment. 

I tried a few new things with this project. One being the ric-rak trim. Started out as a really cute idea. But that stuff is dang hard to sew as a first-timer. I called it heart attack by ric-rak. Somehow it turned out...if you don't look too hard at it. I also used fusible webbing with the monogram letter. It made the fabric stick without sewing it on. Super easy steps to follow. I'd definitely use it again. 

I used this adorable tutorial for the tote. And may just have to use it again. Could be my new gift bag for presents. Now, time for the last sewing step and then finding some fun stuff to fill it with!

8 comments:

Stef said...

it looks AWESOME, Jess!

Michelle Weiss said...

It looks great! Your craftiness has definitely inspired me - though, I'd need extra hours in the day for it to work.

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

You did a great job!

Stef said...

I love the new layout; colors, fonts, its all great!!

Stefany said...

I love it. Very cute!
Love the new look to the blog design! : )

ashlynjustin said...

Look at you crafty Mama... Love it!!

Tara said...

you're so crafty!!

love the new blog!! super cute!!

Tiffany said...

WOW! IMPRESSIVE!!!!