While most families were relaxing, sipping on some warm coffee, munching on a nice breakfast, and enjoying the slow morning with each other, we were putting our life house back together.
We cleaned for about 4 hours before starting our Thanksgiving Day festivities. It was quite a daunting task to clean up everything from the DE powder, but our house is now completely spotless...including every corner and crevice {well, we still haven't touched the guest room yet}. Quite the ordeal. Have you ever vacuumed your walls, doors, and mattresses before?
A girlfriend had told me about how she used the pack'n'play during the day with her first born when Ezra was about 3 months. To be honest, I loved the idea, but was so skeptical about trying it with E. But since we were faced with a full day of cleaning, I had to figure out how to occupy the boy who gets into everything. Solution: the pack'n'play! He loved being in there to play and we could actually get cleaning done. As long as we were in the room, being busy in our activity, he was totally content in there.
I'm so sold on this. I'm making sure he gets some p'n'p time daily while Mama completes her daily cleaning quota. One of the keys to its success is to keep p'n'p toys in there so they are still a novelty to look forward it.
After getting our two bedrooms and the living space back in order, we headed over to my parents' for a delicious feast.
Ezra and I played peek-a-boo with the laundry room door while the final preparation were made.
Papa working on the sweet potatoes...
Grandma on the mashed potatoes...
Grandpa on the turkey...
And Great Grandma just sitting by, watching...
And us too!
A yummy spread!
Bookie's First Thanksgiving was a hit! He ate all his food and played afterward.
After having a great apple pie and some coffee for dessert, we headed home to put Ezra to bed. We spent the next 2 hours putting the kitchen back together. It actually looks much better than before all this.
We have so much to be thankful for. A God who loves us, gives us unconditional grace, and promises to care for us. A family who helps during the rough patches in all areas. A wonderful {and clean} home to grow children up in. For each other's deep and tender love, friendship and teamwork. And for our little lad, sweet and spunky.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
4 comments:
Those are GREAT photos...even of grandma with a smile!
I love the turkey bib! and I saw your mom's pics of the spread -- delicious meal!
What a great Thanksgiving!! Don't you feel really great when you get a lot done like that in one day?? As exhausting as it is, I always feel really good after a day like that:)
as much as that sucks, it must feel REALLY nice to have SUCH a clean house! i looove that feeling!!!! nothin better!
your thanksgiving looks wonderful!!
Post a Comment