Wednesday, August 4

Headed Home

After coffee and breakfast, we said our good-byes to Wes, Carolyn, and the kids. We hopped in the car to make the long trek home. Along the way, we had lots of beautiful scenery to take in.
Just outside Bodega Bay, we stopped at a little Indian restaurant for an early lunch. Both W & I were famished since we really hadn't had a decent meal since the previous morning. It totally hit the spot! Ezra did great while we ate and with some circus acrobatics, we were able to change him in the restroom. It's getting so much harder to change him since he's such a squirmy worm-y!
Back on the road with a warm sun shining.
We decided to stop at a beach a little while later. Although we were both super tired, I'm so glad we didn't keep driving. This was an awesome beach find.
It was a pebble beach! 
And Ezra was salivating and foaming at the mouth with pure delight! I don't think I've ever seen this kid so entranced before. And thanks to his trusted paci, we didn't have to worry about the choking hazard. He loved the little pebbles between his toes, grasped in his fingers, and crawling around in them...

He helped Papa bury himself...

Such a boy too!
 Happy as a clam!

We also walked along the beach...
and saw a bazillion of tiny jellyfish! They were every.where.
You can see a whole shiny string of them to the left of the footprints. We'd never seen anything like this.
And the last cool thing we saw as we headed home was the city across the bay. Love that place! Ezra totally conked out after his pebble beach experience and slept hard for almost two hours. Never happens. Ever. I bet if we didn't have to stop in Berkeley, he would have kept going until we got home.
This adventure is definitely in my top five favorites. Such a sweet family experience!

3 comments:

Stef said...

I love this area - so beautiful! Jason worked in Sebastepol for a year or so and the kids and I loved exploring that part of Cali.
Beautiful pictures, Jess!

Jill said...

Great photos of your happy little family, Jess!

Tara said...

glad you had such a great time!! and yay for good naps!! wait till he's older and running all over the place and exhausting himself...brady's average nap is 3-4 hours! bliss!