Thursday, July 29

Saturday School

As awful as it sounds that W has a class on Saturdays, it's actually turned out to be quite a lot of fun for the whole family. W is taking a 5 week Rec class for an upper div GE requirement (don't get me started on these new time-waster requirements!). A few Saturdays ago, we headed to Fremont for some rock climbing. E & I left W to do this while we walked the mile & a half to a shopping plaza for our own work-out. After W was done, we all met up for lunch before heading home for naps!
Last weekend, W's class met at Jack London Aquatic Center for some rowing. I was *so* happy I joined even though our house still needed some prep work done before our guests arrived later that day. E & I walked along the Oakland Marina on the jog path that led to Jack London Square. The area was so beautiful--I really do adore Oakland, so many little gems tucked away. The morning started out cool and overcast.
Houseboats!


We bundled up to keep warm!

By the time I grabbed some delish organic coffee (started in Oakland) and found our way to the Square, the clouds burned off to reveal blue blue skies!

I was bummed I didn't see W out on the water with his class but from what he said, it was a very disorganized group so they didn't get too far. He still had a great time. Who wouldn't on a gorgeous day like this out on the bay!? I told him I was jealous. We've already decided to come back & rent kayaks.  

1 comment:

Tara said...

what a LAME requirement! but thats great that it gives you guys the opportunity for fun outings together!!!