Anyone remember this book?
Well, look at the author's name!
Ezra Jack Keats published this book in 1962 and I'm pretty sure I had a copy growing up. He's written a handful of other great books that I'm planning to purchase. Since we don't know anyone who shares Ezra's name, I think this could be a really fun thing for him! Not only was this guy a great children's author & illustrator, he was also one of the first picture-book authors to give black children central roles; way before multicultural books became so popular. Sounds like a good man to share a name with!
2 comments:
I love that book and we read it every year!
how fun!!
ezra is certainly unique. before your ezra, the only other ezra i had heard of is ezra taft benson, one of the presidents of the mormon church.
what fun books to have around for him! we love having tom brady's jersey hung in brady's room, for the same sort of reason. ;)
Post a Comment