Did I mention how much we love the greenery around here?! California, take note!! They have trees EVERYwhere. We especially loved how they are everywhere near the freeways. On retaining walls. In between traffic flow. And covering over-passes. A great way to balance out all that cement!
Some other things we've noticed about the great Northwest:
-The whole SE, W, etc. labels on streets can be quite confusing.
-Perhaps they're not creative enough because most streets are numbered.
-The sun doesn't start set until like 9:30, seriously! I think we'd have a hell of a time getting Ezra to bed at his normal 7pm if he was older on this trip. Or if houses didn't come with thick wooden blinds.
-People drive much s.l.o.w.e.r.
-There's even traffic here. But it's on a 4 lane freeway.
-Literally Starbucks heaven here. No joke. I think it's a prerequisite to love coffee in order to live here.
-When the sun is out, so is everyone else. And everyone's sundress. If you're a girl, that is. Very fun!
-It's also a prerequisite to have dreads or have a friend with dreads if you're in the city. Love it!
1 comment:
yes! they do drive much slower here... it drove me nuts when we first moved here, then we went back to Cali and I was yelling at the crazy drivers there for 2 weeks ;-p
Post a Comment